Thursday, July 26, 2012

"Is it time to get back in the game in some of the the Oil and Oil Service names?"

Dow Jones Industrial Average 12,822.57 (Up) Week ending July 20, 2012


I started this blog last Saturday and just never made it out of the starting gates.  I feel like we have had a wild ride in the market this week down and then up. So I will give you the abridged version this week with just the names and symbols that I like in this group. 


 The first is Devon Energy (Symbol DVN) which has great earnings numbers.


The second is is Ensco PLC (Symbol ESV)
up nicely today and a favorite.of hedge fund manager Wilbur Ross. Also has great earnings numbers.


Then of course the two "work horses" of the group, Baker Hughes (Symbol BHI) and Halliburton (symbol HAL). For full disclosure I already own shares of Halliburton.  


Rounding out the choices, I have
Continental Resources (Symbol CLR),
Marathon Oil (Symbol MRO), and Noble Corp. (Symbol NE).
Any of these picks should do well for you as Oil heads back to $100 per barrel for West Texas crude.


Keep on drilling for good stock picks!


Freewilly

No comments:

Post a Comment