Sunday, March 29, 2020

Posting a blog for Low-Income investors to get started investing. It is from a request on Facebook to Consuelo Mack's Wealthtrack page post to invite a guess to speak about low-income investing

Dow Jones Industrial Average 21,410  (UP ) Week ending 03/27/2020
S&P 500 2520.00


 The Wilson's, my dad, vintage 1919-1920
Social media is a great incubator of ideas. I was responding to a Facebook post under the WEALTHTRACK site from Carol C. from New York that was interested in Consuelo Mack inviting a guess to address investing for low income investors. So I thought I would give it a shot here. 
      I have a little first hand experience with low income. My father, who was a bus driver, died when I was 5.  I remember doing my mom's taxes back in the late 60's and her income came to $8000.00 a year plus Social Security for me. I had never realized that we were so poor. I never felt like it though,  because my mom Marie, was the best deployer of capital that I have ever known.

I posted a picture of my grandmother Wilson with my Dad and his brother and sisters back from 1920. I guess that most folks were low income during that time period. 

This week on Wealthtrack, Consuelo Mack invited 3rd generation investor Christopher Davis from the Davis Funds.  Wealth Track - Consuelo Mack - Christopher Davis interview click here .  


 Consuelo Mack 
Christopher Davis reflects on his family and how well that they have done with bank stocks which historically have been very good at compounding wealth.  So I will put my low income ideas about how you can get started buying bank stocks as a low income investor.  ****I should note*****  that I am not a Series 7 listed financial adviser , but low-income folks do not usually have a financial adviser ! , so I can only offer the ideas of an amateur investor with 40 plus years of investing experience. I should note, that I am a Value investor and follow that disipline.

So here we go with some low priced bank stocks.

KeyCorp (symbol KEY)  buy 5 shares @ 11.20 = $56.00 total. 
Currently pays a 6.61% dividend

Citizens Financial Group (Symbol CFG) buy 5 shares @19.96 = $99.80 total.  Currently pays a 7.82% dividend

Regions Financial - (Symbol RF) buy 5 shares @ 9.67 = $48.35 total. Currently pays a 6.41 % dividend

Bank of America (Symbol BAC) which was the first bank to let women open accounts!, Buy 5 shares @ $21.60 = $108.00 total

So those are the banking stock ideas to get started. If you want a couple different sector stocks to be diversified to balance out your risk, here are two that I like.

ADT Inc. (Symbol ADT)  Buy 10 shares @ $4.71 = $47.10 .  It pays a 2.97% dividend

Good Year Tire and Rubber Company (Symbol GT) Buy 10 shares @ $6.32 = $63.20.  It currently pays a 10.13% dividend.

Understand that these are turbulent times in the stock market so these prices may move up or down a bit. 

You can open up an account with one of the on-line investing companies. Some offer to give you the first few trades or all the trades free. You will have to do some homework on this.


 Picture of my hero Lou Rukeyser from "Wall Street Week". The reason I started this blog.

Have a wonderful Sunday,

Freewilly


No comments:

Post a Comment